Mass Importing UsersLast Updated: Mar 31, 2014 11:17AM CDT
To mass import users, you can use the "Import" tool found under the "Staff" section in the Admin. This can be helpful if you are needing to import a lot of users at once or make a group of changes.
- To access the "Import" tool, login to the Admin and select "Import" under the "Staff" section.
- You will want to be sure to download the "Download Template" as this will be your guide to importing.
- The Name columns are for the name of the user you are importing
- The remote ID is the unique identification code that also exists in another third-party HR tool you might be using. It's your way to keep track of employees across multiple tools.
- "Job Title" is for the person you are importing. Can include spaces but no special characters.
- "FLSA Code" is used for the Fair Labors Standard Act, this would include information like 'exempt' or 'non-exempt'.
- "Date of Hire" is used to show when a user was hired, must be in numeric format. For example 11/12/13
- "Team ID" is the unique identifier that was created when setting up Teams. You must first setup your Teams before importing.
- "Campus ID" is the unique identifier that was created when setting up campuses. You must first setup your campuses before importing.
- "Work Phone" is the phone number that is assigned to the employee. If they do not have a work phone you might consider using a cell phone.
- "Work Email" is the email that is assigned to the user. This must be unique for each user in the system so try to avoid using generic emails like "info@" or "general@".
- "FT/PT" is used to distinguish if an employee is Full Time or Part Time, use "FT" or "PT" in this field.
- "Leader Name" is the person that the employee reports to directly.
- "Hours" is how many hours the employee will average in a week.
- "Salary" is the amount the employee will make in a year.
- "Job Grade" is the unique identifier that was created when setting up Job Grades. You must first setup your Job Grades before importing.
- Once you have your document saved, select "Chose File" and locate the file on your computer
- Select the "Import Users" button once the file has uploaded.